As an Entrepreneur, it’s important to note that many people think of your website as a resume for your brand. Some marketers will argue that a website is not important. I not only think that a website is important but it adds a level of credibility to this new brand you are creating. It also tells people interested in your products and services more about the benefits you offer, the history of your brand, more specifics around what your product can do for them and it’s a place where people intrinsically think about first going to when they want to learn more about what you have to offer. Well that and social media. Think about it this way, what is the harm of having a website? There is only upside.
Yes, websites can cost money to create but I would argue that it’s worth the investment. That said, you will also have to create a strategy to get people to your site. Don’t you want people to be interested In connecting with you and purchasing what you have to offer? A website is also another reference point for your target audience to reach you.
So what are some of the things you want to be sure to consider when you create your business website? Here are a few tips
- Search Engine Optimization: have a strategy in place so people can find you in search engines like Google, and Bing. Start by creating a list of keywords and phrases that people might use to search for you. Use those words and phrases over and over again in your content. Have a vast communication strategy that includes social media, blogs and other content where you can exert your expertise. If someone is building your site, ask them about headlines, tagging, descriptions and site speed. These are all things that will increase your google ranking and make your business more visible when people search for you.
- Be sure your site is desktop and website optimized. Make sure that it works on multiple devices and looks professional
- Remember to tell your story. Share about the history of your product in an About Us section as an example. Let people see the why that drives your business. Grant your target audience access to the essence of your value.
- Add opt in sections on your site so people can give you their email address and you can share updates, offers, changes to your business and more. Your site can be a great support for your email strategy
- People interested in you can find your business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your website never sleeps giving you the opportunity to secure sales.
These are just a few reasons why a website is important but there are so many more. Remember, starting a new business is similar to the process of finding a new job. You have to sell yourself, prepare and have a resume handy that details your skills. That resume is your website. So what’s on your resume?
Need help with creating a website? We are here for you. Just email us at [email protected]. We would be happy to help you get your resume ready for major success!